Becoming a sponsor is a wonderful opportunity to share the Chrysalis experience.
BEFORE THE FLIGHT
1. Explain to the potential caterpillar the Chrysalis program and its objectives.
2. Assure that an application is completed and returned to the Registrar with the appropriate deposit.
3. Keep your caterpillar in prayer before and during the flight. Remember to sign up for the 24 hour prayer vigil.
4. Inform the team of any special needs or medical concerns that your caterpillar might have before the flight.
5. Secure agape letters as appropriate. Here is a sample letter and directions for gathering agape requests.
6. Transport your caterpillar to the flight on Saturday morning. Have them leave watches, alarm clocks, phones, beepers and anything that might distract their attention from the weekend at home.
7. Attend Sponsor's Hour following the send-off on Saturday Morning.
8. Consider bringing a food, snack or drink that your caterpillar might particularly enjoy for the agape table.
9. Be prepared to help out at the caterpillar's house in their absence. Are there household chores to do, such as mowing the grass or feeding pets? Does the family need errands done that your caterpillar might normally do? Be prepared to help!
10. Attend the candlelight service (meet in sanctuary at 8pm).
11. Attend the closing service (meet in basement social rooms at 4pm).
12. Transport your caterpillar home following the flight.
13. Stay in touch with your butterfly after the Flight.
AFTER THE FLIGHT
1. Pray for your butterfly!
2. Offer transportation to your butterfly for Hoots and other Chrysalis/Emmaus events.
3. Follow-up and make sure that your butterfly finds or establishes a share group.
4. Reassure your butterfly during his/her Next Steps.
5. Support your butterfly as they sponsor others.
[ questions / comments / corrections / web design / contact click to reveal...@sochrysalis.com ]
© 2001 Southern Ohio Chrysalis
808 Offnere Street,
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
USA, All Rights Reserved